|Our common goal: to bring new technology to maturity through
hands-on architecture and multi-function development.
|Keen analytic ability
- Designed and led implementation of the first Croquet version to support persistent, collaborative multi-media. The Croquet project was convened by Alan Kay and David Reed.
- Creation of 650 page Curl Language Specification for rich
Web client company founded by Tim Berners-Lee (W3C chairmain) and Mike Dertouzos (head of MIT Laboratory for Computer Science).
- Competitive product analysis and positioning at Curl.
- Uncovered and described complex utility bond scheme and technical permit application failures for non-profit utility-watchdog group.
|Strategic vision through technical leadership
- Bootstrapped a social portfolio network by crawling 100,000 external media projects and their users, deriving their identity for marketing campaigns, and generating pre-built auto-curated portfolios for the new users.
- Lead first use of Test-Driven Development and Agile app development at HP/Palm, on our most complex and widely used app (email).
- Piloted the team that produced the first Croquet worlds to be adopted for sustained use by non-technical users. These worlds include Internet-available, real-time collaborative multi-media.
- Created smartphone, tablet, and Web access to Teleplace's commercial version of Croquet, and made animated avatars work on business class computers.
- Articulation of XML strategy and development of Curl's
XML document production.
- Creation of highly adaptable compiler built on metaobject
- Cheap production of accurate sensors using inexpensive
automation and embedded microcontrollers.
- Six years in technical product management and strategy
at industry leading ICAD, Elwood and Curl Corporations, and the University of Wisconsin.
|Deep understanding of system architecture and
- Re-architected a monolithic music metadata application to services, providing more accurate results as well as better performance and flexibility for nine million consumers.
- Designed and led implementation of direct-manipulation object-models allowing Croquet end-users to build their own environments while using them.
- Direction of architecture for 13 interrelated expert system products interfacing to seven proprietary CAD systems.
- Creation of architecture of a complete ANSI Common Lisp programming language implementation.
|Superior facilitation and organization skills
- Supervised programming staff and contractors at High Fidelity, HP/Palm, Teleplace, UW-Madison, and ICAD.
- Process, procedures and standards development at technology startups
including QA, customer support, and documentation.
- Wrote the Association of Computing Machinery's plan for training high-school Advanced Placement Computer Science teachers.
- Created first Croquet non-profit, housing the first public application in which non-programmers can connect to others in a shared persistent multimedia space.
- Formation and chairing of compiler/runtime/QA group that identified, categorized and resolved hundreds of Curl language design issues.
- Award-winning launch and management of successful family businesses in early childhood education, publishing services, and commercial real estate.
|Proven communications and community-building
- Six years blogging about Croquet and technology at Wetmachine.com, which was nominated by Weblog as Best Technology Blog.
- Six years pre-sales and applications consulting,
prototyping, training, and demonstrating.
- Publication by Dr. Dobb's Journal and
- Respected contributions to online technical communities.
- Membership on the board of directors of the international Association of Lisp Users and creation of www.lisp.org.
- Active member of the Croquet Committee, which was responsible for all aspects of the release of the Croquet SDK.
- Open Source at High Fidelity, Qwaq/Croquet, Eclipse Common Lisp, and Personal GitHub
- Two engineering degrees from MIT.
- Direction of prize-winning undergraduate thesis team.
- History of self-learning and mentoring others.
- Integrated Teleplace to iOS, Mac, Windows, and Linux system libraries for audio, network, video, databases, Web.
- Created portable OpenGL CG shader for animated 3D avatars, with fallthough to CPU based animation with clever caching for performance across all business class computers.
- Implemented entire commercial ANSI Common Lisp product,
- 38,000 of Lisp for compiler, all libraries (math,
collections, pretty printing,
etc.), and object system with full
metaobject protocol (compiles to 310,000 lines of C).
- 7,500 lines
of C kernel code.
- Created all software for remote data acquisition product,
including: embedded microcontroller firmware and test harness,
automated factory calibration and certification, and remote data
- Coded half the core system common to 12 CAD geometry
interface products for an expert
system, all common test cases, as well as the actual interface code and
tests for six of the specific
- Won competitive sales using rapid prototyping in
several high level languages.
- Tapped to lead technical aspects of the year-long Oracle/Peoplesoft upgrade of statewide university finanancial system, encompassing 26 campuses and tens of thousands of transactions per day.
|Broad programming knowledge
- Administration and development to the level of device drivers and kernel building, and embedded systems.
- Multi-tier development of application logic, GUI and Web presentation, messaging and databases.
- Design, development and use of advanced development tools
- 30 years using and building dozens of diverse OO, scripting and other languages:
|Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition:||C,|| Basic, Assembly, Programmable Logic Controllers|
|Databases:||SQL, Mongo, Basic, proprietary languages|